York and Scarborough CFO Activity Hubs provide a safe and supportive environment for people on probation, to support their rehabilitation and resettlement. The Hub offers a range of tailored support from staff who are there to support participants to navigate a route to a more positive life.
Involvement at the CFO Activity Hub is voluntary and is focused on helping participants tackle problems to build a positive, productive future and therefore reduce the likelihood of reoffending. Activities include one to one advice and guidance and small group work that will enabling individuals to be more confident and engage with the local community in a positive way. It will also support individuals with training and education and move closer to the labour market, employment.
Participants will be able to access a range of activities:
- Taster sessions in sports, drama, music, media or arts and crafts
- Creative workshops
- Employment courses and preparation for work – Including accredited training
- Practical advice and support (around debt, health independent living and much more)
- Courses to help the individual to stay on track with the rehabilitative journey and achieve longer-term goals
- Opportunities to get into volunteering