English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
If English isn’t your native language and you need to work on grammar, language development, reading or writing, please apply for an ESOL assessment. We have English for Speakers of Other Languages classes at all levels from Pre-Entry up to Level 2. Following successful completion of a Level 2 course, you will be ready to join a Functional Skills or GCSE course.
- Pre Entry – signs, numbers, letters and everyday words
- Entry 1 and 2 – basic reading, writing and communication skills
- Entry 3 – reading, writing, speaking and listening, and basic grammar
- Level 1- language skills for employment, education or further training
- Level 2 – advanced language skills for employment, education or further training
Am I eligible for ESOL courses?
You can join an ESOL course from September 2023 if you:
- are aged 19+ on the 31 August 2023
- hold a UK or EU passport, resident for a minimum of 3 years
In some cases, you will be eligible if you are a member of the army or are a refugee. Please contact us if you’re not sure about your eligibility.
How much does an ESOL course cost?
English for Speakers of Other Languages courses are part funded if you are eligible for the course, or free if you are earning less than £20,319 per year.
The amount you will need to pay for the course depends on the level you are studying at.
Pre-Entry – £120
Entry Level 1 – £120
Entry Level 2 – £632.50
Entry Level 3 – £632.50
Level 1 – £632.50
Level 2 – £632.50
If you are unable to complete the online form, please call us on 01904 554277 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.