[sm_custom_heading]Hints and Tips[/sm_custom_heading][sm_column_text]
- Remember, to access your lesson you’ll need the session code and password. Your tutor will share these with you beforehand.
- You can see everyone – so everyone can see you! You can turn your camera off if you don’t want that to happen.
- Everyone can hear what you say. If you want to discuss something personal with the tutor, either contact them direct or send a message to your York Learning centre and we’ll pass it on.
- If there’s a green box around the person on the screen, they’re talking. Try to not talk over each other as it makes it really hard to hear what’s being said!
- Your microphone can pick up even small noises! Try not to talk unless you want to say something to the group, and try to sneeze/cough away from the microphone. You can mute your microphone to avoid this happening. You can unmute it again to talk.
- You can set your background as a photo of anything you choose rather than what’s behind you, if you wish. Try putting a picture of your holidays, or a lovely summer day in the countryside…
- Please don’t share the codes to get into the Zoom class with anyone else outside of your class.
[/sm_column_text][sm_column_text]There are lots of resources available online to help you.
If you’re struggling you can always email our ICT tutors at email@example.com. One of them will then be in touch to try and help you further. [/sm_column_text]